Sunday 21 February 2010

Frosty reception for Ziggy as 'Graveyard' slur mars AGM
















Mr Admin will in due course be communicating the main outcomes of the AGM, held today in sub-zero conditions.

The only moment of controversy (we’ll leave aside the President’s 3 hour address) was an entirely unprovoked attack, by our re-elected 2nd team skipper, on the 3rd team. His description of the 3rds as a ‘graveyard’ provoked uproar, especially amongst the more mature 3rd-teamers (Ellis Snr was provoked into phoning his lawyer during the meeting). Given the President’s warning’s about ‘factionalism’, one presumes that Ziggy will not escape punishment.

7 comments:

  1. 2nds versus 3rds match called for I think ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. '2nds versus 3rds match called for I think ..."

    yes but who selects the teams?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume said slur was e-mailed in late on saturday night?

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure that I approve of people making Anonymous comments.

    if you want to make a rude comment about Ziggy or the President be brave (but best not to make them about Mr Admin; he knows where you live).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm only making Anonymous comments here as I don't know how to use a computer, I'll pick the teams for the thirds v seconds and I reckon McGill will be opening the bowling for both ... Why on earth is my nickname Cheryl btw ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have helped had i been allowed to finish rather than interupted, that way the comment would have been put in context. I suppose that is what you get in a Idi Amin totalitarian state where everyone is paranoid and their glass is half empty, particularly when offered a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'everyone is paranoid'. Indeed:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kggld0A3ssM

    ReplyDelete