Monday 15 June 2009

Quote of the Year

I think that there should be a new award at the end of the season for quote of the year.

Although McGill would no doubt have swept the board with this in previous years, retaining his title for several, El Presidente surpassed himself on Saturday and is surely odds on for this year!

By way of background, Pres had informed virtually everyone two weeks ago that he was not available for the next two Saturdays. Fair enough. But much to everyone's surprise he materialised at Arbo on Saturday morning with his kit looking a little worse than usual. Having asked him why he had turned up as he was supposed to be 'on holiday' his response was "but I have missed two Saturdays....haven't I?" Oh to be a student again!!! Doesn't say much for the future of the country or its gardens! Yvonne, what were you thinking when you said 'yes'!?

2 comments:

  1. I stand by my chat to Charlie during the opening Pre-season friendly vs the Uni

    "Boys, this guy gave up the captaincy to concentrate on his batting"

    Cue golden duck....

    (I note that partnership and how it must have paid off! and that EC seems to be able to do both.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Admin must be a contender for quote of the year with his comment "That's what I've been telling myself for 12 years"

    given that this is a family blog, I couldn't possibly mention the context of his comment.

    ReplyDelete