Wednesday 14 April 2010

Holy Cross Tours Inc. - Ice Cricket anyone?




Fellow Crossers. There has been some talk lately of resurrecting a Club Tour. As one of the new kids on the HX block, I thought i'd throw in a suggestion...ICE CRICKET!

From late January to mid-March each year cricket teams from all over the world descend on Estonia’s capital city, Tallinn to play Cricket on the ice covering Lake Harku or even in an old Soviet Missile Factory converted into two ice rinks. The wicket is marked out on the ice, the boundary marked out to keep bewildered locals off the field and you use an indoor windball, just don’t forget your spikes. Ice Cricket is a great chance to play social cricket with a difference, in one of the most incredible cities in Europe.

Squads of 10 are required to participate.

Cost? Yes, there will be some....

£229 for the Tallinn part of it
£150 (approx) for flight from Edinburgh to Standsted then to Tallinn (incl 1 x 20kg bag)via Easyjet

then it's your choice of beer tokens...

If anyone is interested, please let me know. If there is enough interest, then I can contact the Tour Company and get some confirmed dates and see what I can wangle in terms of cost reduction!

For further information, here is a pdf brochure

Tour Brochure

6 comments:

  1. Err...and this is different from Arbo in April because...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think the Pres is telling us that he'd prefer the warm weather, wine, good food, golf and...er cricket option

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. I think he's happy enough to mix ice and cricket, as long as the ice is in a pint of Magners after the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Err...should have been Brr...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon it would be top quality. I've heard a lot about Estonian's attractions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it would be a good tour option but my Hawaiian number may not be the most appropriate shirt to wear!

    ReplyDelete