Sunday 26 July 2009

Miraculous Sighting at Arbo Following Freak Seconds Victory.

Overwhelmed by a combination of joy and dementia, second team veteran Gerard Lohan is here pictured in a double miracle moment. Not only was he found in possession of a genuine ten pound note, all of his own, he was subsequently sighted spending the same at the Arbo bar.

Amazed bystander Brian Fraser, of Edinburgh's exclusive Polwarth district, said "I just can't believe it. In all the years I've been here nothing like this has ever happened. I heard someone say Gerry once had a fiver for a while, sometime in the mid-seventies, but that's just folklore. Then he turns up with a real tenner, no sellotape or nothing. And he spent it. No, really, I saw it with my own mincers." Shocked barman Ray commented "It came out of the blue. I thought he was just going to let me touch it for a moment, but then he let go of it and said 'Thanks'. You couldn't make it up, could you?"

The spruce swinger explained "I know it's a bit strange, but I thought 'what the hell, the government's just printing the stuff, and, well, Ziggy won a game. It's not like it's going to happen again, is it? And know what? I feel really good about it."

To mark this once in a lifetime moment, Holy Cross will be issuing a set of commemorative mugs and changing the club motto to "Easy Come, Easy Go, Old Boy."

5 comments:

  1. This post requires a health warning, i nearly feinted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top work El Presidente!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Shifty. This gets my vote for best Blog Post of the Year!!!

    I guess this kind of thing makes Holy Cross just that wee bit different from the other friendly clubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I note that just as Gerry is revealed to be splashing his cash around, we get a new 'follower' using the name 'edintaxman'

    are these two things related?

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the record...I had borrowed that money and now my children won't be eating for a week and a half. But that's ok. So long as Shifty gets his Magic Apple. No, don't feel pity for me. I get by selling the Big Issue just fine. Maybe next year..if I save up, I might be able to flash another wad. Here's hoping.

    ps. Shifty...my Solicitor is grumpier than your Solicitor.

    ReplyDelete