Monday 13 July 2009

2s - Time to pull our collective finger out

Performances (outwith of bowling i.e. batting = dire, fielding = could be improved on) in the first two games of the second half of the season have been poor. We have collected 11 points in these two games compared to Largo's 30! We have seven games left to overhaul Largo and others to ensure that we aren't relegated again. After this Saturday's results Largo have 50.57% compared to our 46.87%. At least we have our fixtures against the top 2 teams in the league out of the way. However, weather will play a factor so we are likely to lose at least 1 game to the weather. We need to win 3 or even 4 of our remaining fixtures, at least. I'm certain we can. We just need to believe in ourselves and play to our abilities, and in a couple of months we will be able to look back on a season with many lows, but which ends on reasonable high. Let's not roll over but prove to ourselves and peers that we are better than division six! I'm even prepared to buy a jug for the first person outwith of JB to get to 50 in one innings for the 2s!

3 comments:

  1. scorecard available here:

    http://tinyurl.com/l3f36p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right, Ziggers. A lot of cricket is down to the inside of our heads. We all know that our brains tell us to be cautious at the very second our eyes light up and we swipe an inswinger. What we actually need to do is teach our stupid bodies some new muscle memories. This will take PROPER net sessions.

    You are absolutely right that we can do it...but we have to go from sometime gifted amateurs to solid performers every time. That means NOT deciding the opposition have not had a wicket for a while, I've just stroked a beautiful 4 so I guess I'll give them an easy catch.

    We are the most generous team in the league. How I wish I bowled against us, I reckon I could double my wicket tally.

    In all seriousness..nets are a waste of time. I have some suggestions. I'll tell you for a £1.

    Gerard

    ReplyDelete