Wednesday 9 July 2014

Henton Hatrick & Golden Grahams Lift Thirds

Andy G reports on the 3rd XI match vs Edinburgh South -at the Inch (Artificial). Since 
the 1sts were playing on the adjacent square, we can attest that some of this stuff actually happened...
.....................................................................................
 So ... We won again ... Great!

On Friday at 5pm I have 8 players ...
Then by Saturday we have 11 - unbelievable Jeff!

We kicked off ... late, we were missing our wickey and our opening bowlers. One because he forgot his trainers and the other because the captain forgot to pick him up! We began with Keith (every reliable) and he's always gonna Geddes a wicket ! with Dave 'the tack' Sharpe at the other end!

It was like being back in 2005!

Anyway they bowled and there were a few drops - to be expected - and there were a few jaffas too! Keith and Dave bowled really well limiting them to 1.5 an over off their first 16 and also taking 3 wickets!

Great stuff!!

But then I decided to unleash my secret weapon Mr (I don't really like cricket but feel I should turn up cause that's what all the other hockey players do) Henton. His first over was rubbish ... Maiden!

Then he mucked about for another 3 taking a wicket in the process.

Then the magic happened:
First ball wicket.

Second ball dot.

Third ball dottiho.

Fourth ball bowled - excellent delivery -hit the top of off.

A child comes in and Matt halves his run up. Bowls him with a daisy cutter - no celebrations (his 4th wicket and brings the hat trick ball)

Last ball of the over and everyone in ...
Matt bowls slightly short but on the stumps. The batsman plays but it bounces off his glove , it's in the air, it's Usama, it's crazy the crowd (a man in jeans) goes wild. A five-for and a hat trick (double jug)!

Anyway, he bowled utter crap after that!

Danny Main got a good run out and I'm sorry Broonster you should have had two more overs!

So Alex and I are talking on Saturday ... What do we do with 3 batsmen and 8 no.10s? Yeah that's right.. we ship one batsman to the 2s! So I asked at tea ''who would like to open with ken?'' an eery silence (this was in front of the opposition as well). So I spoke to my old man (his response: no, give someone else a shot I've already dropped two catches) graham.

Anyway with my sales skills, learned from bimbo, I got him to open.

Great decision skip ... Thanks skip.
So my old man and Ken were 10 off 6! Then they unleashed the beast!

An opening partnership of roughly 40 off 15, pretty fast for Ken!
So Ken obviously thinks the run rate isn't quick enough so try's to smash one and he's gone! So I step up (having missed 70% of Henton's throw downs)!

I enjoyed batting with my dad, I think mostly cause he still thinks he is As quick as he was at 30! It was good fun and I'm disappointed he got out on 35-he should have definitely made 50!

That brought Matt (5for) Henton to the crease. We quickly lost him Sharpey and Usama. Danny Main produced a little flutter and we had a partnership of 30. Eberst brought it home with 4 overs to spare.

Good day out and Edinburgh South had some really good chat in the field!

To Saturday ... Away to Leith!

Hopefully another 20pts!

No comments:

Post a Comment