Thursday 19 May 2011

Joy for Vikram as CJE takes desperate measures to ensure McGill's Midweek Men earn first win


In the second midweek friendly of the season McGill's mongrel horde managed to defeat Edinburgh South by circa 40 runs at Arbo.

Batting first Vikram notched his first career 50 with some customarily healthy blows. Despite a not out innings containing several big 6's the highlight of the innings was a spectating CJE being press ganged into open. Without kit he opted to use McGill's box (older than most HX players), his fitness for Saturday is currently under review. Oh, and he got 40 odd. Runs also for Ross and Gary impressed with bat and ball.

In reply Cross shed players throughout the innings finishing with 8 on the pitch and your author making his first and final appearance with the gloves (still better than my batting). Tight bowling meant Edinburgh were always behind the run rate and with McGill taking his 1901, 1902 and 1903 career wickets (2000 by the end of the season?) we won in the twilight.

7 comments:

  1. damn, another superinjunction rendered useless by the internet. 2 hours lying in a bath of Dettol seems to have cleared up the worst of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and 48 btw-and robbed by someone taking a good catch on the boundary-after the 1st 5 chances of the game (off Vik) were dropped. Not that I feel any shame/ bitterness about Vik outscoring me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't you find a photo with plums?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol nice pic.....I didn't know 5 catches were dropped off me I only thought it was one anyway we played well it's was quick scoring that's what we need in 20-20 match

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Lol nice pic.....I didn't know 5 catches were dropped off me I only thought it was one anyway we played well it's was quick scoring that's what we need in 20-20 match' apologies Vik. evidently my bitterness blinded me to the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There have been worse days CJE, I outscored you at Largo last year ;)

    ReplyDelete