Thursday 29 July 2010

League Weekend 14 and the Week Ahead

Saturday's League fixtures -
  • 1sts vs Edinburgh 2nds, away - umpires, Mike Blackshaw and Chaitanya Badhe.
  • 2nds vs Carlton 3rds, Arbo.
  • 3rds vs Carlton 4ths, Home at Campbell Park.
Saturday's cricket is bookended by two Cross social events. On Saturday night there's a barbecue at Arbo, but first, on Friday evening, Gerry's band, Doc Rodent, are playing Whistle Binkies from 6.30. It seems the suavest, swingingest man in the East League has not been impressed by the Cross turnout at his recent outings and writes -
Let me try reverse psychology and see if that works ...... No, I don't want you to come to the gig because it would be wasted on a bunch of losers ...... I mean, come on ...... it's WAY too much for you to handle, especially just before a game. No. Horlicks and slippers more you style, I think ...... That should do it ......
Next Tuesday evening we have a midweek friendly against Scottish Widows at Arbo (drop an e-mail to secretary@holycrosscricket.co.uk or buttonhole Captain McGill if you fancy a game). Wednesday evening nets have now finished for the season.

3 comments:

  1. I might actually fancy giving the old rascal's gig a go. Anyone fancy joining me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. El Presidente!! Both myself and EC are thinking of heading down, any other takers?

    By the way I think the nets might be taken down this Sunday, at least that's what the Junior groundsman said this Weds. Might be worth double checking as Charlie is particulary keen to net this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bainbro,

    I'm glad to hear that Charlie W is coming down

    the lack of nets wouldn't prevent fielding practice ...

    ReplyDelete