Thursday 7 June 2012

Match report VS Marchmont

I can't really remember much about last Saturday but felt I should write a report. I think it went a little like this.

We bowled first, Raja got a wicket early doors. The opener and Matt Loeffen offered some good resistance with Loeffen hitting the vast majority of his 30 odd in boundries so it was a relif to get him out. Shanners it was, with a peach of a delivery.

Wickets fell pretty regulalry from there and Marchmont were all out for 130/140. 4 for Raja, 2 for Bonners, 2 for me and 1 a peice for Gary and CJE I believe.

Tea was nice.

Then we batted.

Owais was out early doors but Keith and Chuckie saw us home, KF with 80 odd fine runs. We made the total for the loss of one wicket in the 30 something over. A ruddy good peformance by one and all.

Moving on another derby clash this weekend vs Mufs.

3 comments:

  1. sorry about the shite report I'm knackered. Too knackered to use the spell check........good night

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'I'm knackered' how come ??!

    scorecard here:
    http://www.homespunweb.co.uk/esca/2012/1/0609.html

    I'd say that the two crucial periods of play were: 1. Shannon's excellent contents with Loeffen in their innings and 2. Loeffen's excellent bowling spell which cje & KF survived (just)-KF ending it with a superb hooked six off his eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to have a quick go today after I found the scorecards in my inbox last night but cannot compete with the eloquent reports that have appeared in the meantime.

    May I also pass on my sympathies to the 'too knackered' scribe. How I yearn for the amount of chillax time I had before our second little miracle thunked into the baby bucket.

    ReplyDelete