Wednesday 12 August 2009

Tonkers Wanted


Further to Jon's post (below), can I ask anyone who has won the 'Butchie' award for most entertaining run-maker to make themselves known here-or via email to me-and the year they won it (if they can remember).
I'm sure Mr Admin has won it at least once.
I'm presuming that the man pictured on the right has also won it several times

I think that past winners have included:

2003? 2004-F. Buchanan (???)
2005-L. Burgess
2006-S. Robertson (??)
2007-C. Mackay
2008-?? J. Bates?

10 comments:

  1. That photo is begging for a Caption Competition. I'll start with "A small, friendly cricket club based in north Edinburgh...".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " Andy Graham demonstrates his Pull shot [sic] again"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Old timer annoyed by youthful 3rd team"

    ReplyDelete
  5. If 2006 refers to me, I'm sorry I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'If 2006 refers to me, I'm sorry I don't remember'

    i think it may have been Sandy R

    ReplyDelete
  7. is the cowboy hat ken's or the bowler either way an excellent addition to a cricket pitch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd get in trouble for the entirely innapropriate use of the term 'run-maker'!! I know it may come as a shock to some but I'm not generally known for my flaying of bowling

    ReplyDelete
  9. However - an award for hat stacking?

    ReplyDelete