Monday 24 January 2011

Division 8 Divided

The ESCA fixture computer (aka PVB) is in near meltdown after a torrid week, but the draft fixtures are out. More on that soon, but one key development needs to be reported immediately.

Division 8 is the half the division it used to be. Back in November the East League agm approved a slightly expanded 16 team division (see here) but this has proved impossible to accommodate and the Committee has decided to replace it with two divisions of 8. The 3rds are in Division 8, along with Drummond Trinity 2nds, Dunfermline 3rds, Kirk Brae 2nds, Largo 3rds, Leith FAB 3rds, Murrayfield DAFS 4ths and SMRH 4ths. Just 14 games are scheduled and they will start on 7th May (a fortnight after the 1sts) and finish in early August.

Sadly, this means we won't have a League game against Scott, Josie and our other Tranent friends, but we have arranged a midweek evening game for August.

Breaking News, 25th January - PVB has burst back into life and contrived an 18 game solution for Division 8.

1 comment:

  1. It was nightmare but I think I got hooked on putting fixtures together - I was doing it in my dreams. Anyway having sworn I never wanted to make up another fixture list in my life, after a few days' rest I seemed to get withdrawal symptoms and decided to make up another four weeks of fixtures for Div 8. Seeing I didn't have the madness of the SNCL fixtures to contend with, it worked. You now have 18 fixtures.

    So cancel the holiday you were planning with the family / dog / girlfriend, and plan another holiday in September.

    ReplyDelete